| Pressemeldung | Nr. 112
Accreditation: International Pilgrimage of altar servers to Rome in July and August 2018
From 30 July to 3 August 2018, the International Pilgrimage of altar boys and girls of the Coetus Internationalis Ministrantium (CIM) will take place in Rome. More than 60,000 altar servers are expected, accompanied by the President of CIM, Bishop Dr Ladislav Nemet SVD (Zrenjanin/Serbia). 18 countries are currently officially registered: Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA. The approximately 50,000 altar servers from Germany are accompanied by Bishop Dr Stefan Oster SDB (Passau), President of the Commission for Youth Ministry of the German Bishops’ Conference, and numerous members of the German Bishops’ Conference. This year’s International Pilgrimage of the altar servers is dedicated to the motto “Seek peace and pursue it!” (Ps 34:15b).
We cordially invite all media to the reporting on site in Rome. Journalists must be accredited to attend the events of the Pilgrimage of altar boys and girls to Rome. Accreditation will be done by the Holy See Press Office in cooperation with the Press Office of the German Bishop’s Conference, through the online form available at www.dbk.de/presse/akkreditierungs-portal/ministrantenwallfahrt-2018-en. Please note that accreditation is only possible online and must be completed by 20 July 2018 (12.00 noon) at the latest. Journalists permanent accredited to the Holy See Press Office should request to participate to the events by sending an email to accreditamenti(at)salastampa. va. Accreditation badges for the Papal Audience, as well as all events taking place on Vatican territory (Papal Basilicas and Hall Pius X), are issued by the Holy See Press Office. Accreditation badges can be collected Monday, 30 July 2018, and Tuesday, 31 July 2018, between 10.00 a.m. and 13.00 p.m. at the Holy See Press Office, located in Via della Conciliazione 54, Rome. Press badges of the Germans Bishops’ Conference can be collected on the occasion of the opening press conference from two hours in advance and also on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 between 09.30 and 11.30 a.m. at Centro Pastorale Pellegrini di Lingua Tedesca (Via del Banco di Santo Spirito, 56, Rome).
The following press dates are currently planned:
Opening Press Conference on Monday, 30 July 2018, at 2 p.m. at Sala Pio X (Via dell’Ospedale 1, Rome, nearby Vatican):
During the opening press conference your dialogue partners will be Bishop Dr Ladislav Nemet SVD (Zrenjanin/Serbia), President of CIM, Bishop Dr Stefan Oster SDB (Passau), President of the Commission for Youth Ministry of the German Bishops‘ Conference, Dr Klára Csiszár, Vice-President of the International Association of Altar Servers CIM, Alexander Bothe, in charge of the office for youth ministry of the German Bishops‘ Conference (afj), responsible internationally for CIM and nationwide for the Pilgrimage of altar boys and girls to Rome, as well as three altar servers.
The press conference will be held in German and will be simultaneously translated into English and Italian. Appropriate technology is available on site.
Papal Audience on Tuesday, 31 July 2018, at 6 p.m. on St Peter’s Square in Rome:
- The supporting programme starts at 4.30 p.m.
- At the Papal Audience ALL accredited journalists and media operators may work from the terrace of the “Carlo Magno” side of the colonnade, with access after 4.00 p.m. through the end of the left side colonnade (security check is in front of “Petriano” Gate).
- Until 45 minutes before the Pope’s arrival, ALL accredited journalists and media operators will be able to work in St. Peter’s Square. Subsequently all present will be invited to take their place on the Terrace of the “Carlo Magno”.
- During the celebrations it will be possible to carry out video/photographic shoots (no interviews or stand-ups) throughout the proceedings, only from the press locations.
- Live shooting and transmissions are not permitted in the entire area of St. Peter’s Square.
- For all events, journalists and media operators are reminded that it is necessary to dress appropriately (dark suit for men, equivalent for women).
- The Papal Audience will be broadcast live on the Internet at www.vaticannews.va by the Vatican Media, from 4.30 p.m.
Closing Press Conference on Thursday, 2 August 2018, at 11 a.m. at Sala Pio X (Via dell’Ospedale 1, Rome, nearby Vatican):
During the closing press conference there will be the same dialogue partners as during the opening press conference and the appropriate technology will be available.
- More information and tips for accredited media will follow after registration, about one week before the pilgrimage.
- Accreditation badges issued by the Holy See Press Office will allow journalists and media operators to use the Holy See Press Office work spaces (during opening hours).
- A photographer will accompany the International Pilgrimage of altar boys and girls (press conferences, Papal Audience, etc.). These photos are then available to you free of charge under a link, which will be sent to you with more detailed information and tips.
- Detailed information on the pilgrimage, programme structure, the number of pilgrims, motto and pilgrim signs are available as pdf files below.
- Further information is available at www.romwallfahrt-minis.de.